Monday, April 30, 2007

After the move from NYC -> PA


Left NYC on saturday night in a car packed solid. But after selling my furniture to the incoming sublettor, I can still say I can fit all my worldly possessions into one car. Watching riverside park and the Hudson go by, I felt sleep deprived and melancholy, already missing my friends, coworkers, and roommates. When I was only one flight of stairs down from my apt my roommates opened the door and shouted "we miss you already!"




Coming back to NE PA, everything seems welcoming. From the home cooking to the moss-covered stone walls to the rough stone foundations of a town that was deserted after all the hemlock trees were chopped down, it all seems to beckon me back and tell me to stay awhile. The snow's nice too, we got a few inches here overnight and there were bear tracks on the lawn in the morning.





They say you should live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard, and live in northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft. I've done both of those now, and I feel content. The future holds infinite possibility.








My new permanent residence














My front yard







3 comments:

Patrick said...

Wow. This is really exciting. I feel the potential. Congratulations. :-) It looks like you are already less lazy that I was and are posting pictures. Maybe, I'll get my ass in gear and post some of mine. :-)

Awdiyo said...

Bernard. Good seeing you in Chicago! Funny how that worked out.
There is something envious about being able to fit all of your posessions in one car.
Blog-on

Julia Truchsess said...

Wow, I had no idea you were contemplating such a move! TF is really starting to accumulate some family history - I remember being there when we first looked at the property ca. 1971-ish. Hope you enjoy it. The sound of rain on a roof is what I appreciate most when I leave the city now, I think. Best, Aunt Julia.